09 August 2007

Scrambled eggs and bacon

Okay so this morning went like any other morning. I really thought I was getting off to the right foot when I woke around 530am. I felt rested and ready to go....I got up, decieded it was early and i had fallen asleep before TOP CHEF. Figured kids were still sleeping and DVR is my new friend. I got up switched the laundry, as i have hundreds of towels to wash a week and settled in to watch TOP CHEF.

So alram goes off right before the show is over at 620am. Get up, think this is going to be a good day. The sun is out, the news is on, having very little to say except i hear about 95north being shut down due to a tractor trailer turnover. Dont think much about. (this will be important in a moment)

Get kids up, they are dressing, making lunches, showered dressed! I am early. Wow I am doing well this morning..... House phone rings! HMMMM...wonder who that is....its my mom. Okay, not bad. She is going on about Nathaniel and his lunch and so on. Tell all set! have a great day. (he has "reading camp" or summer school and she was taking him and had nothing for him. Sh e was making sure I was bringing his stuff.)

Not a problem. Everything was ready, I was so proud of myself, and I was early! YEAH!

Then my cell phone rings. Great who could that be?....Joe, the Galley guy. He tells me Rich is stuck in traffic and thinks he will be a few minutes late. It is now 730am. Hmmm, I tell Joe, there was a car accident on the highway and it is closed. he should get off the highway and take a back road. I think how bad can this be. I can feel the day is getting a bit bumpy.

Okay, I am ready to leave, i am early. I shove kids in car. Make sure everyone has shoes, lunch and towel. Drive off to drop off kids. Jordan is in the back of the car, whinning he does not like camp anymore. He wants to stay home. I think he is tired. Raymond is talking away about how he and Nathaniel went to STAPLES with Nana and about all the supplies he got to FILL his new backpack for school. Both boys agree they want to go back to school.

I pull into the YMCA's parking lot, promise Jordan summer is almost over, weekend is almost here and he can go sailing on THRILLER this weekend in the race. (THRILLER is a J24 sail boat)

Phone rings again, it is Rich the galley kid, telling me he might not make it until 9am!

WHAT! HOLD ON I HAVE 50 PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE FED.

Kiss kids goodbye, tell them I will see them in the afternoon.

Wondering now WHAT?

it is okay, I was up early this is not that bad.....

Okay we need a plan. So i call Joe, he is the galley manager. I ask him how hard it it to cook breakfast? He said I could, and even told me where all the keys were. He walked Josh and I through how to cook the bacon and eggs. I pour about 2gallons of egg mix into a pan, Josh is piling up the bacon. It is not 810am and we were putting it all in the oven..... breakfast should be ready for 815am. Great! No pressure....

You have to stop and look around and wonder....Am I on Candid camera? this has got to be a joke!

So there Josh and I were putting breakfast together wondering how hard is this to get done? We managed to cook about 300 pieces of bacon and about 10 lbs of eggs. Not so bad. I love a plan and love when a plan comes together.

Well scrambled eggs and bacon were made. Breakfast was served about 830am. Not bad! So the day not so bad. You have to chuckle a little. Hey you have ro roll with the punches and laugh a little. You have to roll with the punches....

Now I come to my office to find the printer and my computer are not talking....agghhh....its okay it gave me time to write this.... Okay if i can cook a meal for 50 people I can fix the stupid printer if not I am going sailing!


Peace out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're wonder woman!

Mike said...

you rock. but, hey, 300 pieces of bacon and no phone call to come over and have some?!