30 August 2007

Babies

So i was talking with a friend about babies. She was saying how she is addicted to watching a baby story. I remember when i was married, trying to get pregnant and that would come on. It was hard getting pregnant. I had been a foster parent for almost two years and it was tough to see all these children being neglected.

Well, i have to say that being a foster parent was and is great! Children would come and go. So many people would ask me if it was hard to let them go. Yes some children it was hard to let go but others it was okay. I was never in foster care to adopt. I really wanted to be the "pit crew". They come from so many situations, and they came into my home which was loving and uncondtional.

I mostly took drug babies. Yes they cried a lot. One baby came to me and she was only 2 weeks old. She was beautiful. Her mother was caught in a drug raid and there were no family members at the time the state felt could care for her. She stayed about month.

I was on the hotline for a while. Now what does that mean....well if something happened in the middle of the night. Like the one time there was a house full of children. Parents had gone out on a drug run, one child fell out of the window. If i remember correctly there were about 6 kids. The youngest was only 3 months old. He came to my house, in the middle of the night. When he came he was so dirty. He was so dirty, that I actually cried for him that day.

Well i have not had any foster child since i kicked my ex husband out. I miss it. I know i have children that i love tremendously. But i have to say as my boys have gotten older i have loved ever stage they have gone through. Someday i know when my boys get older and i am that "empty nester" i will foster care again. If i can help one person, if i can make the difference in one childs life i feel i have done something.

I have already seen twenty kids come and go. I even adopted one. I will again, i am sure of it.

Peace

1 comment:

Mike said...

Just awesome. That's what you are.