16 July 2007

I've been tagged!

Oh my goodness! Shocking! Who knew I would be tagged! I am so new at this blogging thing! I feel so honored to be mentioned in Mike's Blog as well! Exciting days! So if i understand this right I have to tell you all 8 things about me! WOW! I hope i can come up with that many!!! Ok here goes!

1. I lived in San Fransisco, and loved it! I lived on 5th Ave, across the street from the owners of Levi Jeans. Had Thanksgiving dinner with the Fishers, Owners of the Gap, etc. What a great time in life.

2. Went over seas to Germany and Austria when i was a teenager, on the way back from the Germany, not only were there men with really big guns in the airport, but someone had checked a bag onto the plane but was not on the plane. So they made us get off the plane and identify our luggage, the guy next to me spoke German and said bomb, as though it was no big deal.

3. Sailed on a 100foot windjammer in the Grenadines. Loved every minute of it. Looking back just wished it was with someone else. Oh well i still can enjoy the experience. The feeling of not being able to see land all around you is a powerful thing. Being on an island with no one really living there, or going to a house being built in all stone! Someday I will go back.

4. On my way to work, i was living in New London working in new haven, (long story) spotted a guy on the side of the road. He had been stabbed. Did not have a cell phone and the person in the car with me flagged a car down. Hard to believe a time without cell phones.

5. I have been a foster parent for 9 years. I have seen 20 kids come and go from my house. Right now my house is on hold being single and trying to raise my three boys it is a bit tough. My oldest is adopted, he was my second foster child placed with me. He is one of 16 children. He is awesome!

6. I am in love with my iPod. I have very eclectic taste in music. I love live music. where do i even start? warren zevon, luka bloom, cowboy mouth, to mya, to bare naked ladies, guster, jerry garcia (saw the dead in concert), daft punk, jahn mayer, oh the list is way to long, rusted root, dave matthews, shall i go on? you get it right?

7. Okay getting tougher......i love the TV show big brother. Thank god for DVR as i would never remember when it is on!

8. I started coming to the Seaport when i was 12 as a camper, went through the whole program, went on BRILLANT at 15, SA at 16 and an instructor at 21. I am now the Director. I have got to get a life. But i suppose someone has to do it right?

PHEW! how did i do? that was tougher than i thought! well i have 40 boats on the water floating around as there is no wind. Never can win. To little wind, to much wind, rain.....ahh good sailors don't need wind!


3 comments:

Mike said...

Wow....some good stuff in there! Stabbing?! Good god! thanks for doing it!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your sailing picture. Are those Dyer Dhows? So cute. You really are a busy body aren't you hallie!

John said...

HOLY SNARKEES!

LUKA BLOOM?

WOW.

You have just gained SERIOUS MUSIC POINTS in my eyes.

He toured here last yr and I saw him 2 times. He was great.

awwwww....big brother.....Well....we all have vices. I feel bi-polar - you hit the highest of highs with Luka and the lowest of lows with big brother. Oh well.

(ps. put this on another posting you did, but put it on the wrong blog) - www.myspace.com/lukabloom