17 July 2007

SHOCKING!



Okay for all those who do not know me, I must tell you I think I am a pretty funny mom. Now i have been a single mom for over 5 years, and lets face it i was raising my boys by myself before that, lets be honest....I have had to entertain myself through the years.

Being a stay at home mom and having twin newborns in the house, a 2 1/2 year old, and two foster children 8 and 10, you have to have a sense of humor. So i think i am funny and have a good time with my boys.

Ok for a better picture of my sense of humor, as off as it can be....I am the Mom who went and bought the book, The Gas We Pass, and laugh as much as my children.

Or how about the time at dinner when I said to my boys, how big they were getting, then before I knew it they were all standing on chairs saying they were taller than me. Well i could not be out done by my boys, so I stood on the chair with them laughing hysterically.

So I think I am a pretty cool mom. My boys are very open and talk about their days. My favorite part of the day is usually sitting around the table eating dinner. Now our dinner tradition is we go around the table and tell up to three good things and one bad thing about your day. Everyone gets a chance to talk. I love to hear what they have to say. This has encouraged them to talk freely.

Why am i tell this all to you...ha ha ha.. On the way home from camp, I was asking how their day was, they all were chatting about this and that...then out of no where one of the twins, I believe it was Raymond, he said to me...."Mom Mom, I need a new BUTT" I was shocked! I said, "What? you need what?" I was sure i did not hear my son say to me he needed a new butt! Well now the other twin is in on this, with the three boys laughing in hysterics, he says to me, "yeah this one has a crack in it" Oh MY God! You are kidding me! Now i am laughing. They totally got me. Mind you the twins will be 7 on July 31st! Shocking! They all were so proud of themselves!! I was proud too.

I love being a mom, you know, every stage in these little lives have been awesome. As time has gone by, and i might add quite quickly, I get to watch as they learn, grow and gain the tools I have given them. (someday they are going to thank me I would not allow them to watch TV every night, and they have a love for reading) They have taught me a lot as well. Life is to short to worry about the little things. I get nervous thinking about the future and how will i ever handle three growing boys, but you know what, with a good sense of humor and a village I am going to have three awesome boys. I am sure they will point me in the right direction.....

5 comments:

Mike said...

dude, the crack joke is hysterical! i love knowing what i have to look forward to! and, look at you....a week ago, no blog. now you've got a poll on here. how the heck did you do that?!

Anonymous said...

LOVED the joke. And aw...what a good mom you are!

beta mom said...

After a long day we like to tuck the kids in, sit down with a glass of wine and read Everyone Poops.

You rock, Hallie - you're one of my favorite Beta Moms!

Anonymous said...

Love the crack joke--I think my three-year-old is ALMOST old enough to get it, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey your website is cool
you should watch at this cool emo video clip:
http://tinyurl.com/8lxnsg